Law Office of Justin Shane | Special Education Attorney
New York Special Education Attorney

What if my child's school does not implement the IEP?

IEP Implementation


A school's failure to implement a child's IEP in a material way is a denial of a FAPE and violation of federal and state law.

A parent in this situation may file a complaint against the school district. The relief sought in the complaint is highly specific to the child. A complaint may seek a different placement or compensatory (make-up) education or services such as tutoring or therapy. The parent may also choose to enroll the student in a private school that is capable of serving the child's needs and seek tuition reimbursement from the public school district.

A special education attorney can review your case and advise you on an appropriate course of action given your situation. The Law Office of Justin Shane represents parents who are seeking relief from a public school district for its failure to provide a free appropriate public education.